Area high school students are encouraged to submit applications for the GRM Networks sponsored youth trip to Washington D.C., now through February 21, 2020.
GRM Networks will sponsor two high school students on an all-expense paid trip to the 2020 Foundation for Rural Service (FRS) Youth Tour June 6-10 in Washington, D.C. Youth representing GRM Networks will join other students representing rural telecommunication providers from across the United States as they learn more about broadband applications in rural communities.
Selected youth will also tour famous historical sites and monuments, meet with the representatives from the Federal Communications Commission as well as staff and members of Congress from the youth’s congressional district. Youth will also attend sessions focused on developing leadership skills.
Area youth whose parents or legal guardians are members of GRM Networks may apply. Students must be in high school and age 16 or 17 at the time of the tour. Students age 18 or above are ineligible to attend. Relatives of GRM Networks employees and GRM board members are not eligible to participate.
An informational flier and application may be obtained:
1. from the guidance counselor at any high school served by GRM Networks
2. by visiting any GRM Networks business office and requesting an application
3. by downloading the application from http://www.grm.net/about-us/youthtour/
Completed applications must be submitted no later than February 21, 2020, and may be submitted by:
1. returning them to any GRM Networks business office, to the attention of, Amy Davison
2. mailing them to Amy Davison, GRM Networks, 1001 Kentucky Street, Princeton, MO 64673
3. email to Amy Davison at email@example.com
A committee of GRM Network employees and board members will interview finalists. Questions regarding the Youth Tour should be directed to Amy Davison at 888.748.2110 or at firstname.lastname@example.org.