Dear GRM Networks Customer,
October is a special month for GRM Networks as it is Cybersecurity Awareness Month and National Co-Op Month.
Cybersecurity Awareness spotlights the importance of responsible, smart and safe practices when using email, surfing the Internet and posting to social media platforms. As online transactions become more common, it is especially important for us to safeguard our personal information. Each month this newsletter will focus on a cybersecurity topic to help you understand and navigate cyber threats.
In honor of Co-op Month, I would like to share with you a summary of the Seven Cooperative Principles that outline the unique opportunities cooperatives provide for their members.
- Voluntary and Open Membership: Cooperatives are voluntary organizations open to all persons or businesses where each member receives the same level and benefits of membership.
- Democratic Member Control: Cooperatives are democratic organizations controlled by the members and their elected board representative.
- Members’ Economic Participation: Members contribute equally to the cooperative through their membership fee and reap the benefits through the return of capital credits.
- Autonomy and Independence: GRM Networks does not answer to a large out-of-state board of directors or corporation; GRM Networks is governed by you, its local member-owners.
- Education, Training and Information: Cooperatives provide education and training for their employees as well as their members. GRM Networks works with area schools to help prepare our youth through career day presentations, job-shadowing opportunities and participation in job-readiness workshops. GRM Networks also sponsors the FRS Youth Tour to Washington D.C. and six scholarships to help high school students further their education.
- Cooperation Among Cooperatives: Cooperatives work together through local, state and national structure to lobby and help formulate public policy. Helen Keller said it well: “Alone we can do so little; together we can do so much.”
- Concern for Community: GRM Networks is dedicated to the communities in which it operates. Through our Community Improvement Grants and our sponsorship of many local events and organizations, GRM Networks positively influences the areas we call home.
GRM Networks is honored to be your telecommunications provider. Our talented staff is ready and dedicated to serving you.
This fall, I hope you take time to experience the many majestic and picturesque scenes our awesome God provides. Nature’s artwork offers us all a visual reminder of the true magnificence of our world.
From all of us at GRM Networks — the employees, board of directors and myself – thank you for allowing us to serve and help you. GRM Networks is proud to be your telecommunications provider.
Have a blessed fall!