GRM Networks Awards Six Scholarships to Area High School Seniors
GRM Networks places great importance on the opportunity for higher education for rural youth, offering six scholarships each year through the GRM Networks Scholarship Program. GRM Networks has awarded a combined total of $5,500 in scholarship monies to six area high school students as part of the cooperative’s 2021 scholarship program. The recipients are:
- Cole Taylor of Bethany, Missouri, a senior at South Harrison High School, receives $1,500.
- Cael Ogier of Lamoni, Iowa, a senior at Lamoni High School, receives $1,000.
- Lindsey Jennett of Blockton, Iowa, a senior at Mt Ayr High School, receives $1,000.
- Bailey Williamson of Gilman City, Missouri, a senior at Gilman City R-4 High School, receives $750.
- Paige West of Parnell, Missouri, a senior at Jefferson C-123 High School, receives $750.
- Kiera Holcer of Meadville, Missouri, a senior at Meadville R-IV High School, receives $500.
GRM Networks founded the scholarship program in 2016 to support area high school students who wish to further their education. Eligible applicants must be a graduating high school senior with at least a C grade point average, and must have a parent or legal guardian who is an active member of GRM Networks. Scholarship recipients will receive their award upon completion of their first college semester and proof of maintaining a 2.0 grade point average.
GRM Networks and Foundation for Rural Service Scholarships Programs
Applications for the GRM Networks Scholarship Program and the Foundation for Rural Service (FRS) Scholarship Program were due March 5, 2021.
GRM Networks Scholarship Program
- Be a graduating high school senior
- Be accepted by an accredited two-year or four-year college, university or vocational technical school
- Have at least a C grade point average (GPA)
- Have a parent or legal guardian who is an active GRM Networks customer in good standing at the application deadline
Immediate family members of GRM Networks board members or employees are not eligible to apply for the local GRM Networks Scholarship. However, they can apply for the FRS Scholarship. Immediate family members are: parents, siblings, children, spouse, grandchildren or the spouse’s same immediate family members.
GRM Networks will award up to 6 scholarships:
- One $1,500 scholarship
- Two $1,000 scholarships
- Two $750 scholarships
- One $500 scholarship
Scholarship winners will be selected by a selection committee of GRM Networks employees and board members. Scholarships will be awarded on a one-time basis and are not renewable.
A minimum of 2.0 Grade Point Average, or “C” average, is required of the scholarship winners during the first semester of post high school education. The scholarship will be awarded after the first semester. If a winner fails to meet the requirement, the scholarship will be forfeited and re-awarded to the “alternate” selected at the time of judging. Scholarships will be paid directly to the student.
Scholarships will be awarded without regard to race, ethnicity, national origin, religion, gender or disability.
Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Winners will forfeit their scholarship if an unofficial transcript showing a minimum 2.0 Grade Point Average is not received by GRM Networks within 60 days of the end of their first semester of post-high school education.
The application deadline was March 5, 2021.
FRS Scholarship Program
FRS awards several one-time $2,500 scholarships to students from rural America for their first year of college, university, or vocational-technical school. GRM Networks sponsors the local applicants for the FRS Scholarships, and pays $500 of the award to any local winners. The parent or legal guardian of the student must be a member of GRM Networks.
The FRS scholarship applications will also be considered for several named scholarships as listed on the website. The complete terms and conditions for the FRS scholarships can be found on the FRS website. For more information, see the FRS Scholarship Program Guidelines.
Students can apply only if their parent or legal guardian is a member of GRM Networks. The application deadline was March 5, 2021.
FRS also offers the James L. Bass Legal Scholarship, recognizing Mr. Bass’s impact to the rural telcom industry and his passion for the legal profession. This scholarship is for students entering their first year of law school, who have an interest in rural communities. The first James L. Bass Legal Scholarship will be awarded in Spring 2021 and will be at least $5,000. The application deadline was April 16, 2021. See the FRS website for more information or to submit an application.
For questions, please contact Amy Davison, GRM Networks Sales Representative, at 660-748-2110 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Two Additional Scholarship Opportunities for High School Seniors in Iowa
Iowa Communications Alliance Scholarships
The Iowa Communications Alliance is offering:
- One scholarship to a high school senior who lives in a member service territory (GRM Networks and SCC Networks are members of ICA), and
- One scholarship to a high school senior whose parent or guardian is currently employed by or serving as a director of an ICA “Active Member” Company.
Go to the ICA website for more information on the application process. Applications were due to ICA by March 4, 2021.
Aureon Scholarship Program
GRM Networks and SCC Networks are proud to partner with Aureon to make the Aureon Scholarship Program available to students in the Iowa GRM Networks and SCC Networks service area. To be eligible, students must be pursuing a STEM-related course of study (science, technology, engineering or mathematics) and live in a home with active phone, Internet, or TV from GRM Networks or SCC Networks in the state of Iowa.
The Aureon Scholarship Program will award over $10,000 in funds, with individual scholarships ranging from $1,000 to $3,000.
Applicant eligibility and submission requirements are available at www.aureon.com/scholarship. Deadline for submission was March 1, 2021.
If you have any questions about the Aureon Scholarship Program, please contact email@example.com.
2020 GRM Networks Scholarships Award Winners
GRM Networks awarded a combined total of $5,500 in scholarship monies to six area high school students as part of the cooperative’s 2020 Scholarship Program. The recipients were:
- Miya Wiederholt of Barnard, Mo., a senior at South Nodaway R-IV School, and a recipient of $1,500.
- Matthew Burton of Davis City, Iowa, a senior at Lamoni Community School, and the recipient of $1,000.
- Kayli Crawford of Trenton, Mo., a senior at Trenton R-IX School, and the recipient of $1,000.
- Dominik Gannan of Meadville, Mo., a senior at Meadville R-IV School, and the recipient of $750.
- Audrey Holcer of Meadville, Mo., a senior at Meadville R-IV School, and the recipient of $750.
- Ashley Mattson of Conception Junction, Mo., a senior at Jefferson C-123 School, and the recipient of $500.