GRM Networks Awards Six Scholarships to Area High School Seniors
GRM Networks has awarded a combined total of $5,500 in scholarship monies to six area high school students as part of the cooperative’s 2020 scholarship program. The recipients are:
- Miya Wiederholt of Barnard, Mo., a senior at South Nodaway R-IV School, and a recipient of $1,500.
- Matthew Burton of Davis City, Iowa, a senior at Lamoni Community School, and the recipient of $1,000.
- Kayli Crawford of Trenton, Mo., a senior at Trenton R-IX School, and the recipient of $1,000.
- Dominik Gannan of Meadville, Mo., a senior at Meadville R-IV School, and the recipient of $750.
- Audrey Holcer of Meadville, Mo., a senior at Meadville R-IV School, and the recipient of $750.
- Ashley Mattson of Conception Junction, Mo., a senior at Jefferson C-123 School, and the recipient of $500.
GRM Networks founded the scholarship program in 2016 to support area high school students who wish to further their education. Eligible applicants must be a graduating high school senior with at least a C grade point average, and must have a parent or legal guardian who is an active member of GRM Networks. Scholarship recipients will receive their award upon completion of their first college semester and proof of maintaining a 2.0 grade point average.
GRM Networks 2020 Scholarship and Foundation for Rural Service Scholarship
One application for two great scholarship opportunities
As a local cooperative business, GRM Networks places great importance on the education of students in our service area. In an effort to support local students who wish to pursue further learning, GRM Networks offers scholarships for high school seniors whose parents or legal guardians are members of GRM Networks.
GRM Networks also partners with NTCA’s Foundation for Rural Service (FRS) to offer annual college scholarships to help further higher education among rural youth. FRS awards several one-time $2,500 scholarships to students from rural America for their first year of college, university, or vocational-technical school. Each student is sponsored by an NTCA member company such as GRM Networks. If you have questions about the scholarship program, please contact Amy Davison, Sales Representative, at email@example.com or 660-748-2110.
To apply for the local GRM Networks Scholarship and the Foundation for Rural Service (FRS) Scholarship, complete the FRS Scholarship application online. The application requires the following information:
- a document detailing your work experience, school activities, community and volunteer activities, and awards and honors;
- a 500-800 word essay on the question “What field or major do you intend to enter and how might it impact your rural community?”;
- an educator’s statement prepared by a high school teacher or guidance counselor;
- a letter of recommendation from a local community leader other than an educator; and
- seven semesters of transcripts, including the most recent semester (transcript does not have to be an official copy).
The application deadline was March 6, 2020.
Complete one application and be considered for both scholarship programs.
GRM Networks Local Scholarship Eligibility Criteria
- Be a graduating high school senior
- Be accepted by an accredited two-year or four-year college, university or vocational technical school
- Have at least a C grade point average (GPA)
- Have a parent or legal guardian who is an active GRM Networks customer in good standing at the application deadline
- Immediate family members of GRM Networks board members or employees are not eligible to apply for the local GRM Networks Scholarship. However, they can apply for the FRS Scholarship. Immediate family members are: parents, siblings, children, spouse, grandchildren or the spouse’s same immediate family members.
Terms & Conditions
- GRM Networks will award up to 6 scholarships:
- One $1,500 scholarship
- Two $1,000 scholarships
- Two $750 scholarships
- One $500 scholarship
- Scholarship winners will be selected by a selection committee of GRM Networks employees and board members.
- Scholarships will be awarded on a one-time basis and are not renewable.
- A minimum of 2.0 Grade Point Average, or “C” average, is required of the scholarship winners during the first semester of post high school education. The scholarship will be awarded after the first semester. If a winner fails to meet the requirement, the scholarship will be forfeited and re-awarded to the “alternate” selected at the time of judging.
- Scholarships will be paid directly to the student.
- Scholarships will be awarded without regard to race, ethnicity, national origin, religion, gender or disability.
- Incomplete applications will not be considered.
- Winners will forfeit their scholarship if an unofficial transcript showing a minimum 2.0 Grade Point Average is not received by GRM Networks within 60 days of the end of their first semester of post-high school education.
- Winners will be posted on the GRM Networks website, www.grm.net, by May 1, 2020.
FRS Scholarship Information
The Foundation for Rural Service Scholarship program awards several one-time $2,500 scholarships. The FRS scholarship applications will also be considered for the following scholarships:
- Everett Kneece Scholarship
- Good Neighbor Scholarship
- JSI Scholarship
The complete terms and conditions for the FRS scholarships are listed on the website.
Students can apply only if their parent or legal guardian is a member of GRM Networks. The application deadline was March 6, 2020.
For questions, please contact Amy Davison, Sales Representative, at 660-748-2110 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Two Additional Scholarship Opportunities for High School Seniors in Iowa
Iowa Communications Alliance Scholarships
The Iowa Communications Alliance Scholarship (ICA) Committee will award:
- One scholarship to a high school senior who lives in a member service territory (GRM Networks and SCC Networks are members of ICA), and
- One scholarship to a high school senior whose parent or guardian is currently employed by or serving as a director of an ICA “Active Member” Company.
Go to the ICA website for more information on the application process. Applications were due to ICA by March 11, 2020.
Aureon Scholarship Program
GRM Networks and SCC Networks are proud to partner with Aureon to make the Aureon Scholarship Program available to students in the Iowa GRM Networks and SCC Networks service area. To be eligible, students must be pursuing a STEM-related course of study (science, technology, engineering or mathematics) and live in a home with active phone, Internet, or TV from GRM Networks or SCC Networks in the state of Iowa.
The Aureon Scholarship Program will award over $10,000 in funds, with individual scholarships ranging from $1,000 to $3,000.
Applicant eligibility and submission requirements are available at www.aureon.com/scholarship. Deadline for submission was March 1, 2020.
If you have any questions about the Aureon Scholarship Program, please contact email@example.com.