One application for two great programs!
GRM Networks 2019 Scholarship and Foundation for Rural Service Scholarship
As a local cooperative business, GRM Networks places great importance on the education of students in our service area. To provide support to the students in rural Iowa and Missouri, GRM Networks offers the local GRM Networks Scholarship program.
GRM Networks, in conjunction with the NTCA’s Foundation for Rural Service (FRS), also offers an annual college scholarship program to help further higher education among rural youth. FRS awards several one-time $2,500 scholarships to students from rural America for their first year of college, university or vocational-technical school. Each student is sponsored by a NTCA member company. GRM Networks is a member of NTCA.If you have questions about the scholarship program, please contact:
Jenni Neff, Director of HR and Marketing, email: email@example.com Phone: 660-748-2575
To apply for the local GRM Networks Scholarship and the Foundation for Rural Service (FRS) Scholarship, complete the FRS Scholarship application and submit the original application and two copies. Also submit three copies of the following: transcript, 300-word essay, educator’s statement, and the letter of recommendation.
Mail completed application packet to: Scholarship Selection Committee, GRM Networks, 1001 Kentucky St., Princeton, MO 64673. Applications must be postmarked by February 15, 2019.
GRM Networks will obtain the “Signature of Sponsoring Manager” and will mail two copies of each application packet to FRS.
Complete one application and be considered for both scholarship programs.
Listed below are the rules, terms, and conditions for both scholarship programs.
GRM Networks Local Scholarship Eligibility Criteria:
- Be a graduating high school senior
- Be a United States citizen
- Be accepted by an accredited two-year or four-year college, university or vocational technical school
- Have at least a C grade point average (GPA)
- Have a parent or legal guardian who is an active customer of GRM Networks, and in good standing at the application deadline
- Immediate family members of GRM Networks board members or employees are not eligible to apply for the local GRM Networks Scholarship. However, they can apply for the FRS Scholarship. Immediate family members are: parents, siblings, children, spouse, grandchildren or the spouse’s same immediate family members.
Terms & Conditions
- GRM Networks will award up to 6 scholarships, with the following criteria:
- One $1,500 scholarship
- Two $1,000 scholarships
- Two $750 scholarships
- One $500 scholarship
- All applications will be reviewed, and winners will be selected, by a selection committee of GRM Networks employees and board members.
- Scholarships will be awarded on a one-time basis and will not be renewable.
- A minimum of 2.0 Grade Point Average, or “C” average, is required of the scholarship winners during the first semester of post high school education. The scholarship will be awarded after the first semester. If a winner fails to meet the requirement, the scholarship will be forfeited and re-awarded to the “alternate” selected at the time of judging.
- Scholarships will be paid directly to the student.
- Scholarships will be awarded without regard to race, ethnicity, national origin, religion, gender or disability.
- Incomplete applications will not be considered.
- Winners will forfeit their scholarship if mandatory paperwork is not received by GRM Networks within 60 days of notification that they have won.
- Winners will be posted on the GRM Networks website, www.grm.net, by May 1, 2019.
The Foundation for Rural Service Scholarship program awards several one-time $2,500 scholarships. The FRS scholarship applications will also be considered for the following scholarships.
- FRS Staurulakis Family Scholarships – Students with a focus in science, math, medicine or engineering will automatically be considered.
- TMS Scholarships
- Everett Kneece Scholarship
- Roger Alan Cox Memorial Scholarships
The complete terms and conditions for the FRS scholarships are listed on the application.
Students can apply only if their parent or legal guardian is a member of GRM Networks. CLICK HERE for the application. The completed application and other required documents must be postmarked by February 15, 2019.
For questions, please contact Cindy Roy, Marketing Supervisor, at 660-748-2117 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
TWO Additional Scholarship Opportunities for High School Seniors in IOWA!
The Iowa Communications Alliance Scholarship (ICA) Committee is excited to announce the applications for the 2019 scholarship are now available. The Alliance will award:
- One scholarship to a high school senior who lives in a member service territory.
- GRM Networks and SCC Networks are members of ICA.
- One scholarship to a high school senior whose parent or guardian is currently employed by an ICA “Active Member” Company.
Go to the ICA website for more information on the application process. Applications are due to ICA by March 13, 2019.
AUREON Network Services Scholarship Program
GRM Networks is proud to partner with Aureon to make the Aureon Network Services Scholarship Program available to students in the GRM service area. To be eligible, students must be pursuing a STEM-related course of study (science, technology, engineering or mathematics) and be an active customer of GRM Networks in the state of Iowa.
The Aureon Network Services Scholarship Program will award $10,000 in funds as follows:
- One $3,000 Scholarship
- Two $2,000 Scholarships
- Three $1,000 Scholarships
All eligible students submitting a complete application will be considered. The application is an online form. Applicant eligibility and submission requirements are available at www.aureon.com/scholarship. Deadline for submission is March 1, 2019.
If you have any questions about the Scholarship Program, please contact email@example.com.