The Affordable Connectivity Program (ACP) is a government program through the Federal Communications Commission (FCC) that helps connect families and households struggling to afford internet service by reducing their broadband internet access service bill.
The ACP provides a discount of up to $30/month (up to $75 per month on tribal lands) for broadband service and is limited to one monthly service discount per household. Customers who receive Lifeline benefits are also eligible for the ACP and can call their local GRM Networks office to receive the additional benefit. Individuals receiving both ACP and Lifeline may apply their ACP benefit to their Lifeline service or to a different service. Individuals receiving the ACP benefit may change plans or opt-out of the ACP at any time, may obtain ACP supported broadband service from any participating provider of their choosing, and may transfer the ACP benefit to another provider (one transfer permitted every 30 days).
Who is Eligible?
A household is eligible if the household income is at or below 200% of the Federal Poverty Guidelines; or if a member of the household meets at least one of the following criteria:
- Received a Federal Pell Grant during the current award year;
- Meets the eligibility criteria for Lifeline; or
- Participates in one of these assistance programs: the National School Lunch Program or the School Breakfast Program, including through the USDA Community Eligibility Provision; Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP); Medicaid; Federal Public Housing Assistance; Supplemental Security Income (SSI); Special Supplemental Nutrition Program for Women, Infants and Children (WIC); Veterans Pension or Survivor Benefits; or Lifeline.
Check out fcc.gov/ACP for a Consumer FAQ and other program resources.
Two Steps to Enroll
- Go to acpbenefit.org to submit an application or print out a mail-in application; and
- Contact your preferred participating provider to give consent to apply the discount to your bill.
Eligible households must both apply for the program and contact a participating provider to give consent to apply the discount to their bill.
More information about the Affordable Connectivity Program is available at fcc.gov/ACP or call the FCC at 877-384-2575. Questions regarding enrollment and/or participation in the ACP Program may be directed to your local business office:
GRM Networks Bethany: 800-551-1930
GRM Networks Leon: 800-551-1940
GRM Networks Princeton: 800-451-2301
LTC Networks: 877-742-5553
SCC Networks: 800-782-7932
If you are having issues with your provider involving the ACP, you may want to file an informal consumer complaint with the FCC. If your issue is a billing and service issue, the FCC will serve your complaint on your provider. Your provider has 30 days to send a response to your complaint. The FCC encourages you to contact your provider to attempt to resolve your issue prior to filing a complaint. To proceed with filing a complaint with the FCC, please go to consumercomplaints.fcc.gov or call the ACP helpline at 877-384-2575 or the FCC’s contact center at 888-225-5322.